Expert guidance by our Travel experts
Book. a flight to Paris
Top tips for finding cheap flights to Paris
- Book at least 4 weeks before departure in order to get a below-average price.
- High season is considered to be July and August. The cheapest month to fly to Paris is March.
- If you are looking for flights to Paris, double check which airport you are arriving at, as there are four airports serving the area of Paris. Beauvais-Tille (BVA) and Chalons-Vatry (XCR) are used mainly by European budget airlines, whereas Charles de Gaulle (CDG) and Paris Orly (ORY) are the main international Paris airports and are served by major airlines.
- People who have late flights to Paris and want to go straight to bed can choose from multiple airport hotels at Charles de Gaulle, including the Hilton Charles de Gaulle Airport, Sheraton Paris Airport Hotel and Mercure Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport et Convention. There are also some affordable accommodation options, such as Ibis Paris Airport, within a short walk of Terminal 3. Travellers who are in transit and want to snooze for a few hours can go to YOTELAIR Paris Charles de Gaulle inside Terminal 2.
- Those who are looking for a peaceful space to meditate or gather their thoughts after their flight to Paris can visit the quiet, non-denominational prayer areas located at Charles de Gaulle and Orly Airports.
- Need an official photo or just want to take a fun picture? There are photo booths available at both Charles de Gaulle and Paris-Orly Airport, which you can use to take professional or quirky photos and later develop them while paying for the service with card.
- Travellers who have a lot of time to spend at Orly Airport have many entertainment options pass the time. The airport features a mini-library with a reading area and books in traditional and digital formats. There are also arcade gaming and video games areas, as well as art exhibitions.
Which Paris airport is closest to central Paris?
Out of the 4 airports in Paris, Paris-Le Bourget is the nearest to the city center (14 km). You'll travel 15 km to reach the center of Paris if you land in Paris Orly Airport, 23 km if you land in Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport, and 68 km if you arrive in Paris Beauvais-Tille.
Does Charles de Gaulle Airport provide services for families with kids?
Charles de Gaulle Airport features play areas for families where they can have a fun and comfortable time. The areas include a variety of games and toys to make the time at the airport more entertaining. There are also baby changing stations at the disposal of parents and pushchairs to borrow free of charge.
Can I rent a car at Paris-Orly Airport?
Yes, there is a long list of rental companies operating at the Orly Airport and you can check which one suits your needs best via the airport website. If you want to save time and avoid waiting for your car after the flight to Paris, you can pre-book the vehicle online and have it waiting for you.
Is there free Wi-Fi available at Charles de Gaulle and Orly Airport?
People who would like to check their mail or chat on social media can connect to Wi-Fi free of charge and for an unlimited time at both Charles de Gaulle and Paris Orly Airports. It is also possible to purchase a premium service for a faster connection. In addition, passengers at Paris Orly Airport can charge their phones at locked Charge Boxes.
What are the transport options from Charles de Gaulle Airport?
The best way to transfer between the city and Charles de Gaulle Airport is to use public transport, as it is much cheaper than a taxi fare. If you want to get to the city centre in as little time as possible, take the train, which will transfer you in about 30 minutes. If you are looking for the cheapest option, catch the public bus, for example line 350, but expect the journey to last at least an hour.